41th IEA-FBC Meeting
Date: October 30-31, 2000
Location: Salerno, Italy
Technical Session, Oct. 31st 2000, University of Salerno, Italy
Workshop on Attrition Phenomena in Fluidized Bed Conversion of Fossil/Non Fossil Fuels, Oct. 30th 2000, University of Salerno, Italy
- 9.00 - 9.15 Opening of the Workshop
- 9.15 - 9.45 Particle breakage in fluidised bed jets; by Bentham, A.C., Kwam, C.C., Boerefijn, R., Ghadiri, M.
- 9.45 -10.15 Influence of attrition phenomena on the steady state particle size distribution in a CFB combustion system; by Hartge, E.-U. , Reppenhagen, J., Schetzschen A., Werther, J.
- 10.45 - 11.15 Char attrition during pressurised fluidized bed combustion of Australian black coals; by Stubington, J.F., Wang, A.L.T.
- 11.15 - 11.30 COFFEE BREAK
- 11.30 - 12.00 Ash formation under circulating fluidized bed combustor conditions; by Winter, F., Liu, X.
- 12.00 - 12.30 Influence of attrition on combustion of biomass pellet char; by Leckner, B., Palchonok, G., Borodulya, A., Tullin, C., Samuelsson, J.
- 12.30 - 13.00 The effect of fragmentation on the fly ash formation during biomass combustion in CFBC; by Lind, T., Kauppinen, E.I.
- 13.00 - 13.30 The relevance of attrition phenomena during the fluidized bed combustion of plastic-wastes; by Arena, U., Mastellone, M.L.
- 13.30 - 15.00 LUNCH BREAK
- 15.00 - 15.30 Primary fragmentation of Korean anthracite coals during devolatilization; by Lee, S.-H., Kim, Y.-H., Kim, S.-D.
- 15.30 - 16.15 A survey of attrition research at VINCA;
- Experimental results of primary coal fragmentation in fluidized bed for eight different coals - New interpretation of results; by Dakic, D., Grubor, B.D., Oka, S.N.
- Pressure increase inside a coal particle during devolatilization in a fluidized bed combustor - New results of mathematical modeling; by Dakic, D., Ilic, M., Oka, S.N.
- Statistical model for prediction of primary fragmentation of coal particles in fluidized bed combustion - Comparison with experimental results; by Dakic, D., Grubor, B.D., Oka, S.N.
- 16.15 - 16.30 COFFEE BREAK
- 16.30 - 17.00 Analysis of a tentative coal comminution model for CFBC; by Boëlle, A., Qian, M.
- 17.00 - 17.30 Experimental investigation on the final ash size formation character of coal under CFB conditions; by Qian, M., Boëlle, A., Jaud P., Yue, G., Tang, Z.
- 17.30 - 18.00 CONCLUSIVE REMARKS
For further Information on the Workshop/Proceedings, please contact:
Prof. Piero SALATINO
Università di Napoli Federico II
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chemica
Tel. +39 (81) 7682258
Fax. +39 (81) 5936936