The 60th IEA-FBC Technical Meeting, at
Chalmers University of Technology
3-4 May 2010
Chalmers Teknikpark, Room Apollon/Artemis.
May 3: 13.00-17.00 hours presentations according to list. At 17.00 departure for study tour
to Värö (biomass gasifier). At about 19.00 dinner
May 4: 9.00-17.00 hours presentations according to list. The meeting ends at 17.00.
List of presentations:
Name &Affiliation Title
- Bo Leckner, CTH, Sweden: Welcome to Chalmers University of Technology
- Henrik Thunman, CTH, Sweden: Chalmers pilot gasifier an overview.
- Emmanuel Kakaras, Ioannis Boukis (HELECTOR SA), and Panagiotis Gramelis, CERTH/ISFTA & NTUA, Greece: Gasification of olive oil residues.
- Alberto Gómez Barea, US: Spain FB gasification at the University of Seville.
- Marcos Millan, Imp.Coll, UK and José María Sanchez Hervas, Ciemat, Spain: Results from the FLEXIGAS project.
- Mikko Hupa, Åbo Akademi, Finland Fluidized Bed Pyrolysis and Gasification – Ongoing Activities in Finland.
- Emmanuel Kakaras, Ioannis Boukis, and Panagiotis Gramelis:, Greece: Electricity generation through gasification of secondary fuels derived from MSW recycling.
- Anton Larsson, CTH, Sweden: Zero‐dimensional modeling of indirect fluidized bed gasification
- Claes Breitholtz, Metso Power, Sweden/Finland: The Värö FB gasifier.
- Tadaaki Shimizu, University of Niigata, Japan: NOx emission during circulating fluidized bed combustion of meat and bone meal.
- John P. Mustonen, Shaw Consultants International, USA: Overview of past and current Shaw work in FBC.
- Jong‐Min Lee, Korea Electric Power Research Institute, KEPCO, Korea: Characteristics of Biomass Combustion in a CFB boiler.
- František Hrdlička and Jan Hrdlička, CVUT Prague, Czech Republic: BFB with „Liapor“ inert material.
- Ben Anthony, Canmet, Canada Survey of Ca looping for CO2 removal from fossil fuel conversion.
- Tadaaki Shimizu, Niigata University, Japan: Reactor type for CaO looping cycle–Bubbling bed or fast bed.
- Fredrik Lind, CTH, Sweden: Dual Fluidised Bed for Catalytic Cleaning of Biomass Gas.
- Filip Johnsson, CTH, Sweden: Oxyfuel CFB combustion ‐ discussion on challenges for development.
This meeting will take place at Hörsalsvägen 7, South entrance, 4th floor: Energiteknik
For those of the participant who would like to be informed about the activities presently going on at the Division of Energy Technology we arrange some informal workshops:
May 5 Morning: Fluidised bed gasification (Henrik Thunman and co‐workers).
May 5 Afternoon: FBC and related topics (Filip Johnsson and Lars‐Erik Åmand and co‐workers)
May 6 Morning: CO2 removal by chemical looping cycle (Anders Lyngfelt and co‐workers).
May 6 Afternoon: CO2 removal by oxy‐fuel combustion (PC and FBC boilers) (Klas Andersson and Filip Johnsson and co‐workers).